30 Years Of Experience Makes a Difference
Brian L. Burchett
✉ Email me
- Medical Malpractice
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J. D. - 1981
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Econ
- California, 1988
- Indiana, 1981
- Illinois, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
My name is Brian L. Burchett. I’m a personal injury & accident attorney with 30+ years of successful experience, inside and outside of the courtroom. I founded The Burchett Law Firm in 2013 to meet the needs of people suffering serious injuries due to negligence, medical malpractice and defective products.
I have extensive trial experience in all types of personal injury litigation, including product liability, medical malpractice, class action and mass tort. I also have substantial trial experience in complex business and employment litigation with particular expertise in business torts, technology and consumer matters.
When I was a shareholder in Sullivan, Hill, Lewin Rez & Engel, I served on the firm’s Executive Committee and served as Managing Shareholder. Although I have successfully defended many litigation clients in a wide range of cases, my practice was oriented more toward the plaintiffs’ side, where I represented individuals and businesses from a wide variety of fields in a broad range of litigation matters.
Beginning in 1981, I practiced law in Chicago and northwest Indiana with Foss, Schuman & Drake and with Cohen, Starck & Burchett. My practice specialties during this time period included business and tort litigation, criminal defense and real estate transactions. I was also a general counsel for the Northwest Indiana Board of Realtors.
I have lectured to attorneys and paralegals about trial preparation and trial practice. I am a member of the bars of Illinois, Indiana and California. I am admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and before United States District Courts throughout the Midwest, California, and Arizona. I am “AV Preeminent” rated by Martindale-Hubble. I have been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). My other memberships have included the San Diego County Bar Association (Legislation and Committee Service Committees), American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, and the National Trial Lawyers (Top 100 Trial Lawyers). I was also a Barrister in the Enright Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
If you’re looking for an experienced, dedicated injury and accident attorney in San Diego, call me at 619-450-2436. I offer free case evaluations, and I’m committed to providing all of clients with compassionate, effective legal representation.
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Dean's List, 1974 - 1978
- Phi Eta Sigma, 1974
Pro Bono Activities
- St. Vincent DePaul - Volunteer Legal Services, 1994 to 1996
- ACLU - Volunteer Legal Services, 1994 to 1997
- San Diego Domestic Violence Clinic, 1994 to 1997
- Sullivan, Hill, Lewin, Rez & Engel, Shareholder, 1997 to 2013
- Burchett & Duncan, Partner, 1994 to 1997
- Callahan, McCume & Willis, Associate, 1991 to 1994
- Harris D. Himes & Associates, Associate, 1990 to 1991
- Viviano & Bradley, Associate, 1988 to 1990
- Cohen Starck & Burchett, Assoc/Partner, 1981 to 1988
- San Diego Bay Fair
- P.R.O.P. Tours Inc.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member, 2018 to Present
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Consumer Atty's of San Diego, Member, 1994
- San Diego County Bar Associates, Member, 1988
- Indiana Univ. Alumni Club of San Diego, Member,Director and Treas., 1988 to 2001